Monday, January 5, 2015

New Year's Goals for 2015


I have really enjoyed my blogging break and spending some extra time with my family.  We had a nice Christmas, despite the fact that all four children had the flu that week.  By God's great mercy, I did not catch it, too.  John took Christmas week and New Year's Day week off, and it was lovely to have him home for two whole weeks!

But now it's time to get back to "normal," our regular routine.  And I thought it was time to start writing on my blog again.  What better time to start than at the New Year and with a list of goals for the New Year.  I based this list off last year's list with a few changes.

Personal Goals:
  • Read through my book list.  I did not finish my list of books last year, so I'm carrying some of them over and adding just a few more.  I plan to share this list later this week.  Hopefully, I will get them all read this year so I'm keeping the list short!
  • Walk on the treadmill three times a week for twenty minutes.  Since I fell off the treadmill (figuratively) this summer and never really climbed back on, I need to work on this.
  • Look for a job.  Actually, this isn't a goal anymore.  John and I decided that my time is better spent at home rather than working, even just the one weekend a month I had planned to work.  So this goal is done!
  • Write one letter or note a month.  
Goals as a Mother:
  • Do something (like a playdate) with someone (and her children) once a month, whether it's having someone over for lunch, going to someone else's house, or heading out for a field trip together.  
  • Have one fun day in school a month.  I'll publish a list later this week of potential days that we will celebrate.
  • Take my children on one field trip a month.  
  • Teach my children to do more around the house.  This month, I plan to have Sarah Beth and Daniel help me with cooking supper.
  • Read a book about motherhood.
  • Read a chapter book with my children.  I've got several collected that I need to start reading with my children.
Goals as a Wife:
  • Schedule monthly date nights for John and me.  
  • Do something weekly to make John feel special.  (I got this goal from Tracey at Girls to Grow.)  
  • Read a book about being a godly wife.
Goals as a Family:
  • Continue having another family over for supper once a month.  
  • Continue our family devotional time.  
What goals did you make for this year?

No comments: