Monday, December 1, 2014

Book Review: Where Treetops Glisten


Where Treetops Glisten by Tricia Goyer, Cara Putman, and Sarah Sundin contains three novellas about siblings in the same family, and each one has to overcome obstacles in his (or her) past before moving forward.  In the first one, Abigail has to learn to trust God with her future after losing a couple of loved ones in her past.  The second story follows Pete, Abigail's brother, as he realizes that only God can fill the God-shaped hole in his heart.  In the third story, Merry also has to work through some trust issues before she can accept God's best for her life.  All three stories take place around Christmas during World War II.

I enjoyed all three stories in this book, especially how the characters learned to trust God and lean upon Him, and it was fun reading this book as Christmas season approaches.  Honestly, I wasn't sure how the novellas would work considering that each one was written by a different author, but they flowed together seamlessly.  This book was an entertaining read as it tackled some serious issues, and I recommend it for those two reasons.

I want to thank Blogging for Books for my review copy, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: