Monday, December 22, 2014

Book Review: The Patmos Deception by Davis Bunn


In The Patmos Deception by Davis Bunn, historic, religiously significant artwork has been stolen from Greek monasteries and other sites.  It appears that upper level bureaucrats are involved, so the people who want answers have to use unofficial means to find answers.  They hire Nick, an American international journalist, to figure out what has been happening, and he hires Carey, a forensic archeologist whom he has known since childhood, to help.

This book is a fast-paced, exciting read.  I enjoyed the times when Carey would recite some of the history of the Greek islands they visited, especially when she talked about the apostle John.  I have to admit that I liked the fact that not every loose end was nicely tied up at the end of the book; maybe this book will be the first in a series!  ****Spoiler alert:  I also appreciated how the plan at the end worked.  Usually, in books and movies, something happens so the plan doesn't go as expected.  But in this book, it did!  It was great!****  I plan to look for more books by this author since I liked this one so much!

I want to thank Bethany House for my review copy of this book, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: