Tuesday, November 4, 2014

October Review of Goals


October was a busy month with my mother being here for a visit, but that was a good thing!  We enjoyed having her even if it took a couple of days to recover after she left.  ;)  She's always going and going, and we're not used to that.

Personal Goals:
  • Read through my book list.  I didn't read anything from my book list, but I did read a few other books.
  • Continue walking on the treadmill three times a week for twenty minutes.  I fell off the treadmill, so to speak.  (Not literally!)
  • Look for a job.  I had a phone interview with Target, and the district manager said that I would hear from the store manager...but I haven't yet.  
  • Go through every room in the house, one a month, to clean out unwanted and unneeded items.  I'm sick of the clutter!   We took every, single thing out of Sarah Beth's and Rachel's room so we could paint, and then put it all back in.  Surely that counts?  ;)
  • Write one letter or note a month.  Done!
Goals as a Mother:
  • Do something (like a playdate) with someone (and her children) once a month, whether it's having someone over for lunch, going to someone else's house, or heading out for a field trip together.  We met some friends at the zoo.
  • Continue having one fun day in school a month.  I didn't even think about this.
  • Continue taking my children on one field trip a month.  We visited the Houston Space Center and Dewberry Farm, along with the zoo which I've already mentioned.
  • Do a service project with my children every month.  Fail.
  • Teach my children to do more around the house, like mopping and folding clothes.  What a great way to build their self-esteem.   I haven't been as consistent at this as I should have been.  
Goals as a Wife:
  • Continue monthly date nights for John and me.  It didn't work out this month.
  • Do something weekly to make John feel special.  (I got this goal from Tracey at Girls to Grow.)  I keep forgetting.
Goals as a Family:
  • Continue having another family over for supper once a month.  We had friends over.
  • Start having Game Night once a month.  Fail.
  • Continue our family devotional time.  It's been a hard month for this, too.
How are you doing with your goals for the year?

No comments: