Monday, November 3, 2014

October Reading


I haven't had much time this month for serious reading, at least that's my excuse for not reading anything from my reading list.  I have had some time for novels and such, and I've read some good ones this month, but I need to buckle down or I won't finish my reading list for this year.  Here's what I read in October:
  • Keepers of the Covenant by Lynn Austin.  A wonderful, Biblically-accurate retelling of the prophet Ezra's return to Jerusalem.  You can read my full review here.
  • The MiniFarming Guide to Composting by Brett L. Markham.  I skimmed this book; I wasn't real interested in reading a whole lot about composting, but I was a little interested.
  • North!  Or Be Eaten by Andrew Peterson.  The second in the Wingfeather Saga, I listened to the first one on the way to the beach this summer.  It continues the story of the two princes and a princess who had to flee their home when it was overrun by the Fangs of Dang.  In this book, they make the hazardous journey up North where they hope they will be safe.  This series seems great for young adult boys (and girls), and I can't wait to introduce my children to it when they're older.
  • A Light in the Window by Jan Karon.  I started rereading this series about Father Tim a month or so ago, and this is the second in the series.  If you haven't read any of it, you should!
  • These High, Green Hills by Jan Karon.  This book is the third in the Father Tim series.
What have you read lately?

No comments: