Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Book Review: Knockout Knits by Laura Nelkin


Knockout Knits by Laura Nelkin contains many beautiful knit designs which the author uses to teach new skills to readers.  The book is divided into five chapters, and each chapter tackles a new technique with increasingly more difficult patterns to knit as each chapter progresses.  From knitting with lace weight yarn to knitting with beads, there are many new, inventive, and fun designs in this book.

I enjoyed reading this book and learning about knitting skills that I don't have.  I appreciated how each chapter started with simple, relatively easy patterns and progressed to more difficult ones so the reader can practice her new skills.  Many of the patterns in this book are beautiful, but I have to admit that I don't expect to knit any of them any time soon.  Nelkin's style is so different from my own.  But there are a couple of patterns that I will keep in the back of my mind because I do think they might be nice to try one day.  

If you're looking for new knitting techniques to try, you should take a look at this book!

I want to thank Blogging for Books for my review copy of this book, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: