Thursday, October 30, 2014

Thankful Thursday: A Wonderful Visit with My Mother


I'm sorry that I haven't been around my blog much recently, and when I finally did sit down to write something, it was all book reviews.  But my mother has been visiting, and honestly, I wanted to spend the time with her instead of writing blog posts.  But I had all of those books that I needed to write reviews for, and I wanted to get them out of the way.  (I still have one left, but it can wait until next week.)

While my mother was here, we got so much done.  She worked me hard, but it was worth it to get some things done that needed to be done.  My mother loves to be busy all day long; me...not so much. ;)  We also had a wonderful time.  Since we homeschool, my children were able to spend all day long with her, and we really enjoyed it.

So this week I'm thankful for many things:
  • my mother who flies out to visit us regularly
  • her honesty:  she told me that we had to paint the girls' room because she couldn't sleep in it any longer since the color was so dark
  • how much time she spent with me and with my children
  • all of the work she did while we painted, getting ready and cleaning up
  • the fun we all had while she was here
  • how well she gets along with my husband
  • my father who lets her visit us so often
My mother left yesterday after a nice, long visit, so I look forward to getting back into our routine today.  

For what are you thankful this week?

No comments: