Thursday, October 16, 2014

Thankful Thursday: Homeschooling Among Other Things



I realized something this week.  I keep thinking that I'm busy, much more than I used to be, but I seem to have this thought almost every week.  Then I realized that our new "normal" is just busier than our old "normal."  I haven't yet decided if this is a good thing or not.  :)  With this said, this week has been busy by our "old" standards but "normal" by our new ones!

Things for which I am thankful this week include, but are not limited to:
  • homeschooling.  I do love being with my children all day long, and I especially love watching their little faces light up when they learn something new.
  • homeschooling.  I enjoy the freedom and flexibility that homeschooling provides.  
  • homeschooling.  There are benefits to homeschooling that I hadn't counted on when we started such as...
  • the Houston Space Center homeschool day!  Admission is less expensive, and the day is geared toward homeschooling children.
  • John's work which had a shrimp boil the other day for the people with whom John works.  We were the only family there, but it was okay because there was tons of food.  
  • friends.  After feeling like I didn't have anyone to do anything with for so long, I do now!
  • cooler weather.  We've been able to play outside this week because of the cooler weather.
  • new apple recipes.  I've tried two out this week, and both were keepers.  I plan to share them with you tomorrow.
For what are you thankful today?

No comments: