I realized something this week. I keep thinking that I'm busy, much more than I used to be, but I seem to have this thought almost every week. Then I realized that our new "normal" is just busier than our old "normal." I haven't yet decided if this is a good thing or not. :) With this said, this week has been busy by our "old" standards but "normal" by our new ones!
Things for which I am thankful this week include, but are not limited to:
- homeschooling. I do love being with my children all day long, and I especially love watching their little faces light up when they learn something new.
- homeschooling. I enjoy the freedom and flexibility that homeschooling provides.
- homeschooling. There are benefits to homeschooling that I hadn't counted on when we started such as...
- the Houston Space Center homeschool day! Admission is less expensive, and the day is geared toward homeschooling children.
- John's work which had a shrimp boil the other day for the people with whom John works. We were the only family there, but it was okay because there was tons of food.
- friends. After feeling like I didn't have anyone to do anything with for so long, I do now!
- cooler weather. We've been able to play outside this week because of the cooler weather.
- new apple recipes. I've tried two out this week, and both were keepers. I plan to share them with you tomorrow.
For what are you thankful today?