Wednesday, October 1, 2014

September Review of Goals

In the mouth at the Health Museum last month.

After the craziness of August, it was good to have a more relaxed, normal month.  We had a great visit from Uncle Ray, but other than that, it was a lot of our routine...which was nice.

Personal Goals:
  • Read through my book list.  I did not read any books from my book list, but I did read several books in September.
  • Continue walking on the treadmill three times a week for twenty minutes.  I can't say that I did this every single time, but I think I only missed one or two days which is pretty good!
  • Look for a job.  I actually got an email from Target last week, and I told the woman what I was looking for (one weekend a month).  I haven't heard back.
  • Go through every room in the house, one a month, to clean out unwanted and unneeded items.  I'm sick of the clutter!  In July, I looked around the house to figure out where I wanted to work in August, and I couldn't think of anywhere that I hadn't already tackled.  I don't want you to think that my house is clutter-free because it's not.  But it's certainly a lot better than it was.  
  • Write one letter or note a month.  Fail.
With Uncle Ray at the Houston Museum of Natural Science.

Goals as a Mother:
  • Do something (like a playdate) with someone (and her children) once a month, whether it's having someone over for lunch, going to someone else's house, or heading out for a field trip together.  We met some friends at a bounce house place and had a great time!
  • Continue having one fun day in school a month.  We celebrated Talk Like a Pirate Day with pirate-y books, a treasure hunt, and lots of talkin' like pirates.  Aargh, matey!
  • Continue taking my children on one field trip a month.  September felt full of field trips.  We visited the Lone Star Flight Museum and the Galveston Train Museum on Labor Day when John was home.  While Uncle Ray was here, we went to the Houston Museum of Natural Science.  
  • Do a service project with my children every month.  Fail.
  • Teach my children to do more around the house, like mopping and folding clothes.  What a great way to build their self-esteem.   I haven't been as consistent at this as I should have been.  I hate to interrupt them when they're playing nicely with each other.
Building complex molecules at the Health Museum.

Goals as a Wife:
  • Continue monthly date nights for John and me.  It didn't work out this month.
  • Do something weekly to make John feel special.  (I got this goal from Tracey at Girls to Grow.)  I keep forgetting.
Making things bigger and smaller (macroscopic to microscopic) at the Health Museum.

Goals as a Family:
  • Continue having another family over for supper once a month.  We had Uncle Ray here; does that count?
  • Start having Game Night once a month.  Thanks to Old Maid, Go Fish, and Uno, we have been playing a lot of games, but no "game night."
  • Continue our family devotional time.  It's been a hard month for this, too.
How are you doing with your goals for the year?

No comments: