Friday, October 17, 2014

Recipe Fun Friday: Two Apple Recipes



All summer long, I've had my eye out for apple recipes to try this fall.  I felt like I missed out on baking with apples last year, and I didn't that to happen again this year.

The church we attend has a potluck every Sunday after church, and I try to bake a cake for it.  I get to try new recipes, and I love to bake, so it's a perfect fit for me.  But when I came across this recipe for Cinnamon Apple Cupcakes, I decided to make them instead.  And they were delicious!  These cupcakes even have real apples in them...straight from a can of apple pie filling.  :)  But they were a nice addition to the cupcakes.  I did not use the icing recommended in the recipe; instead I make a buttercream and just added some cinnamon.  I got the recipe for the icing from The Cake Mix Doctor by Anne Byrn.  John said that these cupcakes are his favorite after Cookie Dough Cupcakes (for which I cannot find a recipe online).

Then I received a recipe in the mail from Kroger for Warm Apple Saute with Ice Cream.  It looked delicious, so I gave it a try.  And it was!  Anything with ice cream is great, right?!  One of my children, and I won't tell you which one, didn't want the apples on top of his ice cream, but I told him he couldn't have any ice cream without apples.  He thought the apples were good, so he was happy.  I left the dried cranberries out.  It was so good that I forgot to take a picture!

Have you tried any new recipes lately?  What kinds of apple recipes do you prefer?

No comments: