Monday, October 13, 2014

Book Review: Weird and Wonderful Creatures Made by God


Weird and Wonderful Creatures Made by God describes many different plants, animals, and fungi made by God and is full of information that your children (and you!) may not know.  Some of the animals described are whales, bats, praying mantises, and butterflies.  Venus fly traps and corpse flowers are among the plants detailed in this book.

My children were excited to receive this book, and my eight year old daughter immediately took it and read it completely.  My other two daughters (four and two) weren't so thrilled with things like the insects and carnivorous plants although they did enjoy learning about butterflies and whales.  But my son (six) couldn't wait for me to read about the Venus flytrap.  Regardless of their varying reactions, I was glad to read them this book because of the way it proclaims the majesty of God displayed through His creation.  My only complaint is that this book says that mushrooms are a type of plant; since they are in a completely different kingdom than plants, I made sure to explain this to my children.  Other than that, this great book is one that I recommend.

I want to thank BookLook Bloggers for my review copy, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: