Uncle Ray came for a visit over the weekend, and we really enjoyed having him with us. We visited the Houston Museum of Natural History on Friday and kept closer to home on Saturday and Sunday. Ray brought a special chess set that he got from missionaries to South America, depicting the Spanish and Incas. He played many games of chess with Sarah Beth and Daniel, and I didn't feel too bad about losing to Daniel since Ray did once or twice, too.
Here are a few ways that God blessed us this week:
- a wonderful visit with Uncle Ray
- that he likes spending so much time with our children because they wouldn't leave him alone! ;)
- killing two birds with one stone, so to speak: after dropping Ray off at the airport in Houston, we got to spend some time with friends who live there
- the flexibility of homeschooling so we could take time off while Ray was here and spend that time with him
- for the rain...
- that is spotty instead of being continual
- lunch with a friend who unfortunately is moving away...
- but she's moving to my hometown, so we'll still be able to get together when I visit my parents
- the ease of getting a new library card since I lost my last one
For what are you thankful this week?