Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Book Review: If God is Good by Randy Alcorn


When I received If God is Good:  Faith in the Midst of Suffering and Evil by Randy Alcorn, I was surprised by the length of this book.  At almost five hundred pages, Alcorn deals with almost every aspect of suffering and evil and how it all fits with God's sovereignty.  This book is long, but it is worth reading.  However, I do not recommend that you give this book to someone who is going through suffering; rather, you should read it now before suffering comes...because we know that it is coming; Jesus promised.  Being prepared before suffering comes makes the suffering that much more bearable because the truth is already stored in your heart and mind.

I have to admit that I thought it would take me a very long time to read this book, but I was amazed at how quickly I read it.  I couldn't get enough of the truth contained in this book; it nourished my soul like water to a dry and thirsty land.  I cannot recommend this book enough and that you read it now before you need it.

For more of my thoughts on this book, you can go here and here.

I want to thank Blogging for Books for my review copy of this book, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: