Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Book Review: The Berenstain Bears: God Shows the Way


The Berenstain Bears:  God Shows the Way by Stan and Jan Berenstain with Mike Berenstain contains three books in this one volume.  The first two stories deal with fear and the unknown, and the last one deals with money.

Since we enjoy (most of) the Berenstain Bears books, I was excited about reviewing this one, and my children were very excited when it arrived in the mail.  Once we started reading the books, our appreciation rose because the stories are well told and filled with Scripture verses.  I'm careful about the books I read my children that deal with fears because I don't want them to develop new ones, e.g. they are not afraid of the dark so I don't want to read books that deal with that.  The fears in this book are not ones that children will assume.  What I enjoyed most about these books were all of the Scriptures they contained.  It seemed like almost every page had one bear or another quoting Bible verses, and it was wonderful!  I definitely recommend this book for young readers.

I want to thank BookLook Bloggers for my review copy of this book, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: