Friday, August 15, 2014

Back to School


We started back to school on Monday.  With everything that happened last week and being away at the beach the week before, I wasn't mentally prepared.  I felt like I needed to start, though, because we begin Classical Conversations next week, and I wanted to get a good week of school in first before adding that on top.

I wasn't physically prepared, either, considering that we ran out of printer ink on Sunday and Daniel's math workbook still hasn't come in.  (So much for two day shipping with Amazon Prime!  :) )

But one of the beauties of homeschooling is being able to take it slow when needed, and that's what we did this week.  We eased our way back into school on Monday and Tuesday, and we're still enjoying the review that comes at the beginning of the school year.

My children and I have all gone from not wanting to do school to looking forward to it.  As a matter of fact, when Sarah Beth gets bored, she pulls out one of her math worksheets and works the problems I didn't require of her during school time.  That's my girl!

Have you started school yet?  When will you?

No comments: