Friday, August 29, 2014

August Review of Goals


August has been a busy month with returning from our beach trip, starting school, and suffering a miscarriage.  So I did not get quite a few things done, but I'm not at all concerned about it.  Life happens, and goals can wait.  Maybe I'll catch up in September and maybe not.

Personal Goals:
  • Read through my book list.  I only read one book from my book list, but I did get several other good books read.  I'm halfway done with my book list, but the year is more than half over.  Hmmm.
  • Continue walking on the treadmill three times a week for twenty minutes.  Finally this week, I felt ready.  I was able to walk twice.
  • Look for a job.  Didn't even think about it this month.
  • Go through every room in the house, one a month, to clean out unwanted and unneeded items.  I'm sick of the clutter!  In July, I looked around the house to figure out where I wanted to work in August, and I couldn't think of anywhere that I hadn't already tackled.  Now, I don't want you to think that my house is clutter-free because it's not.  But it's certainly a lot better than it was.  
  • Write one letter or note a month.  Fail.
Goals as a Mother:
  • Do something (like a playdate) with someone (and her children) once a month, whether it's having someone over for lunch, going to someone else's house, or heading out for a field trip together.  We went to the Health Museum with some friends and had a great time!
  • Continue having one fun day in school a month.  I didn't even think about it, although we tried to make the first day of school a little special.
  • Continue taking my children on one field trip a month.  Done!
  • Do a service project with my children every month.  Fail.
  • Teach my children to do more around the house, like mopping and folding clothes.  What a great way to build their self-esteem.   My children have discovered Legos on Amazon, and they're money is burning holes in their pockets.  They volunteer for (paying) chores and look for ways to earn money.  It's very nice!  Sarah Beth is the most help, since she's the oldest.  She can fold entire loads of clothes by herself, freeing me to do other things.
Goals as a Wife:
  • Continue monthly date nights for John and me.  It didn't work out this month.
  • Do something weekly to make John feel special.  (I got this goal from Tracey at Girls to Grow.)  It was a hard month for this goal.
Goals as a Family:
  • Continue having another family over for supper once a month.  We tried, but one of their children got sick on the way to our house.
  • Start having Game Night once a month.  Fail.  But we have been playing a lot of games lately:  Go Fish and Old Maid, mostly.  And Daniel beat me bad at chess again yesterday.  Maybe I should spend some time with the tutorial he's been using.
  • Continue our family devotional time.  It's been a hard month for this, too.
How are you doing with your goals for the year?

No comments: