Thursday, July 3, 2014

Thankful Thursday: Happy Birthday, John!



Today is my sweet, wonderful husband's birthday! We have been married for 13 and a half years, and honestly I cannot remember what life was like before that. Actually, I do remember a little bit: it was awfully lonely. Here are just a few of the reasons that I love my husband:
  • He is a godly man.
  • He loves our children and me more than himself.
  • He is a great husband.
  • He is a wonderful father.
  • Our children adore him.
  • He supports me in my role as a wife and mother, and never, ever makes me feel bad for staying home with our children.
  • He's awfully handy, like when he built the chicken coop and swing set.
God has blessed us in other ways this week, too.  We spent three days at a Classical Conversations Practicum where I learned more about CC and its vision for our children which was really neat.  The children had so much fun at CC camp; this was the first time they had done anything like this, and it was a wonderful experience for them.  One of those small things that God likes to orchestrate was that Rachel's teacher has a daughter recovering from melanoma.  So she understands the importance of not getting too much sun.  Since many people don't understand (or think I'm being paranoid), it was so nice to leave Rachel in this woman's hands and not worry about anything.  

Today we're spending a relatively quiet day since we're all tired!  The five of us from camp and John from working so much.

What are you thankful for this week?

No comments: