Tuesday, July 1, 2014

June Review of Goals


John has been working a lot lately with the turnaround, so anything that involves him didn't get done this month.  He's been working thirteen days with one day off for the past six weeks, and it's exhausting for him and for us.  We miss him, and we're ready for his regular schedule!  And when you add his busy-ness to our being gone for ten days, well, some things just didn't happen.

 Personal Goals:
  • Read through my book list I read one book from my list and several besides it.
  • Continue walking on the treadmill three times a week for twenty minutes.  Fail.  I haven't even thought twice about it. 
  • Look for a job.  I'm still stalled at my resume.
  • Go through every room in the house, one a month, to clean out unwanted and unneeded items.  I'm sick of the clutter!  I cleaned out Daniel's closet and started the library.  I also cleared a bunch of clutter out of my bedroom.
  • Write one letter or note a month.  Fail.
Goals as a Mother:
  • Do something (like a playdate) with someone (and her children) once a month, whether it's having someone over for lunch, going to someone else's house, or heading out for a field trip together.  We got together with several friends while visiting Georgia.  Fun!
  • Continue having one fun day in school a month.  Last Saturday was Paul Bunyan Day.  We celebrated with flapjacks for breakfast, several books about Paul Bunyan, and a Disney movie. I enjoyed the opportunity to explain to my children what a tall tale is.
  • Continue taking my children on one field trip a month.  We made it back to the planetarium for a neat show about black holes.  
  • Do a service project with my children every month.  I told my children to pick out some toys and books that they don't play with anymore so we could donate them to the local pregnancy center.  I was pleasantly surprised at the ones they picked.
  • Teach my children to do more around the house, like mopping and folding clothes.  What a great way to build their self-esteem.  They got to help pack for our trip.  It was the first time, and they seemed to appreciate it.
Goals as a Wife:
  • Continue monthly date nights for John and me.  Nope.  Too busy.
  • Do something weekly to make John feel special.  (I got this goal from Tracey at Girls to Grow.)  I don't think I've done very well, but in my defense, John hasn't been around much.
Goals as a Family:
  • Continue having another family over for supper once a month.  Nope.
  • Start having Game Night once a month.  We have played lots of games lately, but no game night.  I still can't decide if I should be proud or embarrassed that Daniel (6) can beat me at chess.
  • Continue our family devotional time.  Nope.
How are you doing with your goals for the year?

No comments: