Wednesday, July 30, 2014

July Review of Goals



This month has been filled with swimming lessons, a CC Practicum, and John still working a lot.  Thankfully, his turnaround is over, so he's been home more lately.  I haven't gotten as much done this month as I would have liked, but I'm not too disappointed.

Personal Goals:
  • Read through my book list.  I read three books on my "to read" list plus several others.
  • Continue walking on the treadmill three times a week for twenty minutes.  Fail.  I haven't even thought twice about it, but I do plan to start back in August.
  • Look for a job.  I'm still stalled.
  • Go through every room in the house, one a month, to clean out unwanted and unneeded items.  I'm sick of the clutter!  I worked on the library one week and got rid of a bunch of books; then I tackled our filing cabinet.  Oh, the stuff I found in there!  But I got it (mostly) done.
  • Write one letter or note a month.  Fail.

Goals as a Mother:
  • Do something (like a playdate) with someone (and her children) once a month, whether it's having someone over for lunch, going to someone else's house, or heading out for a field trip together.  I had lunch with a new friend, but my children didn't come.  Does that count?
  • Continue having one fun day in school a month.  I didn't even think about it.
  • Continue taking my children on one field trip a month.  No field trip, either.
  • Do a service project with my children every month.  Fail.
  • Teach my children to do more around the house, like mopping and folding clothes.  What a great way to build their self-esteem.  I made an effort this month to wash only one load of clothes that needed to be folded each day.  (E.g.  John's work clothes don't need to be folded since they get hung up.)  I concentrated on working with my older three children on folding clothes with the goal that soon they will be able to fold an entire load without me. 

    Goals as a Wife:
    • Continue monthly date nights for John and me.  John was too busy this month.
    • Do something weekly to make John feel special.  (I got this goal from Tracey at Girls to Grow.)  I did a couple of things.
    Goals as a Family:
    • Continue having another family over for supper once a month.  Again, we were too busy with John's work schedule.  
    • Start having Game Night once a month.  Nope.
    • Continue our family devotional time.  Nope.
    How are you doing with your goals for the year?

    No comments: