Wednesday, June 4, 2014

May 2014 Review of Goals


With the beautiful weather, I've been trying to spend as much time as possible outdoors which means there is less time to work on my goals.  I'm okay with that because I know that the summer heat is coming (along with the mosquitoes), and we won't want to be outside too much.

 Personal Goals:
  • Read through my book list.  I got a lot read this month but only one book from my book list.
  • Continue walking on the treadmill three times a week for twenty minutes.  I didn't do so well this month.  
  • Look for a job.  I'm still stalled at my resume.
  • Go through every room in the house, one a month, to clean out unwanted and unneeded items.  I'm sick of the clutter!  I finished my closet (as much as I'm going to do right now), and I cleaned out the toys that had accumulated in our living room.  I also went through all of the children's clothes, switching out winter for summer and packing up outgrown clothes.
  • Write one letter or note a month.  Done.

Goals as a Mother:
  • Do something (like a playdate) with someone (and her children) once a month, whether it's having someone over for lunch, going to someone else's house, or heading out for a field trip together.  We met friends at the park one day.
  • Continue having one fun day in school a month.  We celebrated Chocolate Chip Day with chocolate chip pancakes and chocolate chip cookies, and we read about the history of chocolate.  One of my favorite "holidays"!
  • Continue taking my children on one field trip a month.  We visited the Bayou Wildlife Park where I took these pictures.
  • Do a service project with my children every month.  I purged a bunch of the toys from the living room and told my children that we were taking them to the pregnancy center for children who didn't have any toys.
  • Teach my children to do more around the house, like mopping and folding clothes.  What a great way to build their self-esteem.  They've helped fold clothes several times along with the other chores they do.  

Goals as a Wife:
  • Continue monthly date nights for John and me.  Done.
  • Do something weekly to make John feel special.  (I got this goal from Tracey at Girls to Grow.)  Hit and miss.


Goals as a Family:
  • Continue having another family over for supper once a month.  Done.  Twice!
  • Start having Game Night once a month.  Fail.  I may need to take this one off my goals.
  • Continue our family devotional time.  Fail.
How are you doing with your goals for the year?

No comments: