Thursday, May 8, 2014

Thankful Thursday: Springtime!


There are many things to be thankful for this week:
  • Summer break is here!  I thought about it some more, and decided to take summer break now while the weather is nice and the mosquitoes aren't out yet.
  • Friends to go to the park with.
  • Story time at the library.
  • Even though we lost two more chickens this week, we still have three laying hens and seven up-and-comers.
  • My husband's hard work making a pen where my chickens will be safe to "free" range.
  • A trip to the beach this summer with my whole family.
Mostly, this week I'm thankful that God didn't give me over to a "debased mind" (Romans 1:18-32).  Wouldn't that be awful?  Rather, He is sanctifying me through the work of His Son, and I cannot show my appreciation of that gift enough.  (I've been reading R.C. Sproul's commentary on Romans.)

What are you thankful for this week?

No comments: