Thursday, May 22, 2014

Thankful Thursday: Justification and a Fun Library



This week, I am mostly thankful for my justification which was secured by Jesus Christ and which allows me boldly to approach the throne of God.  Boldly!  Did you catch that?  Isn't that amazing and wonderful?!  By Jesus' action on our behalf, we have access to God, the Creator of the universe.  That boggles my mind.  Does it yours?

I am also thankful for:
  • our library that plans fun activities for my children...
  • and that also lets us have seventy-four books out at a time.  Yes, you read that correctly:  seventy-four!
  • a fun evening with friends.
  • my hens that seem determined to make up for the loss of two of their comrades a couple of weeks ago.  I was getting an average of four eggs a day (from five hens), and now I get three (from three hens) almost every day.  You can't ask for better than that!
  • an upcoming birthday, and a little big girl who is so excited about it!
  • homeschooling and its inherent flexibility --- part 1.  We so enjoyed our two weeks of "summer" break while the weather was nice.  
  • homeschooling and its inherent flexibility --- part 2.  I don't want to take the summer completely off from school, but I also don't want to continue what we've been doing.  So we started Five-in-a-Row this week, and so far my children love it.
For what are you thankful this week?

No comments: