Friday, May 30, 2014

Finished Object Friday: Sarah Beth's Projects


Sarah Beth's birthday was Monday, and I was trying to figure out what to get for her.  She enjoys shopping at Hobby Lobby, wishing for different things.  So I told her that I would take her to Hobby Lobby, just the two of us, and let her pick out some things for her birthday.


She loved that idea, and we had such a good time shopping.  I liked the fact that she picked out things that she had to figure out how to put together.  And she learned two important lessons with these projects:  1)  read the instructions; 2)  ask for help when you need it.

The fairy came as a plain doll that she had to dress, put hair on, and even color the face.  She had to sew the cupcake together, and she likes that the stitches look like sprinkles.  I think she did a great job with her fairy and cupcake, don't you?

What have you been working on lately?

No comments: