Friday, May 2, 2014

April Review of Goals


April was a relatively busy month with a visit from my parents, my birthday, and an appointment for Rachel.  (Yes, I was busy for those last two days:  celebrating, i.e., not doing any chores on my birthday; and Rachel's appointments take almost all day since they're so far away.)  But here's how I did on my goals:

Personal Goals:
  • Read through my book list.  I will read many other books, as well, I'm sure.  I did not read any books from my "to read" list, but I did read four books in April.
  • Continue walking on the treadmill three times a week for twenty minutes.  I took off the week my parents were here and my birthday.  Other than that, I met this goal.
  • Look for a job...assuming I passed the law test.  I'm still stalled at my resume.
  • Go through every room in the house, one a month, to clean out unwanted and unneeded items.  I'm sick of the clutter!  I just didn't have time this month for much of this.  Hopefully, I'll finish my closet in May!  
  • Write one letter or note a month.  Fail.
Goals as a Mother:
  • Do something (like a playdate) with someone (and her children) once a month, whether it's having someone over for lunch, going to someone else's house, or heading out for a field trip together.  We had some friends over for lunch.
  • Continue having one fun day in school a month.  We didn't have one.
  • Continue taking my children on one field trip a month.  There is so much to do in the Houston area!  We went to the zoo with my mother and then to the planetarium.
  • Do a service project with my children every month.  I filled an Action Pack and attempted to explain the persecution of Christians to my children.
  • Teach my children to do more around the house, like mopping and folding clothes.  What a great way to build their self-esteem.  I have them do as much as I can.
Goals as a Wife:
  • Continue monthly date nights for John and me.  Fail.
  • Do something weekly to make John feel special.  (I got this goal from Tracey at Girls to Grow.)  Hit and miss....again.  I did make Peasant Bread for him one night, and he really appreciated it.  
Goals as a Family:
  • Continue having another family over for supper once a month.  We were just too busy this month.
  • Start having Game Night once a month.  Fail.  I may need to take this one off my goals.
  • Continue our family devotional time.  Fail.
How have you been doing with your goals for the year?

No comments: