Thursday, April 24, 2014

Thankful Thursday: Lots to Be Thankful For



Starting with last week, I am most thankful for Easter, when we remember and celebrate that God the Son (GOD the Son!) died for us on the cross and rose again to pay our debt and purchase for us the gift of eternal life in Heaven with Him.  What a wonderful, wonderful gift!  And everything else He has done for me and given me pales in comparison.


But there are other things for which I am thankful:
  • John being home with us on Good Friday
  • lovely weather (with no mosquitoes!) that lets us spend time outside.  I wonder if we should take our "summer" break now instead of during the hot summer (with tons of mosquitoes) when we just want to stay indoors.
  • a fun visit with friends
  • a nice, long, newsy email from another friend
  • Daniel learning to ride a bike without training wheels
  • a new iPhone.  Yes, I finally gave in and got a smart phone.
  • an abundance of eggs from my chickens.
  • that the raccoon was not successful in getting into the chicks' coop and that he is no longer a problem
What are you thankful for this week?

No comments: