Thursday, April 3, 2014

March Update of 2014 Goals


Along with my yearly goals, I tackled another big project this month:  potty training Mary.  She was the easiest of my four children, and while she's still not completely accident-free, she's doing great!

Personal Goals:
  • Read through my book list.  I will read many other books, as well, I'm sure.  I read one book from my reading list, and several others.
  • Continue walking on the treadmill three times a week for twenty minutes.  I think I did this every week in March.  
  • Look for a job...assuming I passed the law test.  I'm still stalled at my resume.
  • Go through every room in the house, one a month, to clean out unwanted and unneeded items.  I'm sick of the clutter!  I worked some in my closet which was a huge mess, but I got sidetracked while potty training Mary.  I forgot how much extra work that is:  cleaning up accidents and lots of extra laundry.
  • Write one letter or note a month.  Fail.
Goals as a Mother:
  • Do something (like a playdate) with someone (and her children) once a month, whether it's having someone over for lunch, going to someone else's house, or heading out for a field trip together.  We saw a real, live play with some friends and had lunch together afterwards.
  • Continue having one fun day in school a month.  We celebrated St. Patrick's Day with green pancakes, reading a book about Saint Patrick, and watching a short video about him.  We finished the day with green Rice Krispy treats.
  • Continue taking my children on one field trip a month.  There is so much to do in the Houston area!  As I said above, we went to a play.
  • Do a service project with my children every month.  Fail.
  • Teach my children to do more around the house, like mopping and folding clothes.  What a great way to build their self-esteem.  We're still working on laundry.
Goals as a Wife:
  • Continue monthly date nights for John and me.  Fail...but I don't feel so bad since John was the one who didn't want to.  (I think it was the cost of the babysitter.)
  • Do something weekly to make John feel special.  (I got this goal from Tracey at Girls to Grow.)  Hit and miss....again.
Goals as a Family:
  • Continue having another family over for supper once a month.  Fail.
  • Start having Game Night once a month.  Fail.
  • Continue our family devotional time.  Hit and miss.
I didn't do as well this month as I would have liked, but that just inspires me to do better next month.

How are you doing with your goals for the year?

No comments: