Monday, March 31, 2014

March's Book Reading


I read five books this month which I think is a good amount.  Walking on the treadmill really helps because it gives me more time to read.  The first one is from this year's reading list.
  • What Did You Expect? by Paul David Tripp.  To sum this book up, we are sinners married to sinners living in a fallen world, something that gets forgotten in our dating/courtship days.  Tripp reminds us of this truth and shows how we should live in light of this truth.
  • Prophet by R.J. Larson.  A Christian fantasy based on the Old Testament world, I enjoyed this book which is free on your kindle.
  • Judge by R.J. Larson.  The sequel to Prophet, and I enjoyed this one, too. 
  • Tending the Heart of Virtue:  How Classic Stories Awaken a Child's Moral Imagination by Vigen Guroian.  One of my friends recommended this book, and I found it fascinating.  While the author is not (apparently) a Christian since he talks about Biblical "myths," I liked his idea of using fairy tales to encourage my children's morality since so many of the stories have definite morals.  Some of the "fairy tales" he exegetes are The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe and The Princess and the Goblin.  This book should be read with a grain of salt, but it's worth reading.  You can read more of my thoughts here.
  • A Draw of Kings by Patrick Carr.  What a fun and exciting conclusion to The Staff and the Sword trilogy.  I can't wait for Carr to write more books!
What have you been reading lately?

No comments: