Friday, February 21, 2014

Finished Object Friday: Three Finished Blankets



Before you think I'm some kind of superwoman for knitting/crocheting three blankets in a week, let me remind you that you've seen two of these blankets before.  This one was the first blanket I knitted, and I crocheted the border, but I did not like it at all because, although it was pretty, it was stiff, almost hard.  So last week after I finished Rachel's blanket, I shocked my family by pulling out all of the border.  Then I took my mother's advice and switched to a much bigger crochet hook (J), and I crocheted a different border which turned out nicely, I think.


I started this blanket this summer and worked on it off and on.  I lacked two sides of the last round, but my hand started cramping this fall.  So I took some time off to work on Rachel's blanket.  Once I started that project, I didn't want to put it down until I finished it.


So I finished this blanket this week after taking several months off.  I think the colors are beautiful, and I love the print on the flannel.


After I finished this blanket this fall, I'm not sure why I didn't go ahead and just crochet a border on it.  But I didn't.  And I took care of that this week.  I like how the stripes work, kind of merging into each other.  I'm tempted to make another one like this in pink, purple, and white, but we'll see.

I plan to start another knitted blanket this weekend, and it will probably take me quite a while.  So don't expect to see another Finished Object Friday for a while!  :)

What have you been working on lately?  Any unfinished projects?

No comments: