Friday, February 14, 2014

Finished Object Friday: A Blanket for Rachel


After I finished Sarah Beth's blanket this past summer, Rachel wanted me to make her one.  I put her off for a couple of months as I re-learned to knit.  But this blanket was so pretty, she loved it, and I really wanted to make it.  So I made it for her.


As you can see, Rachel loves this blanket.  And I enjoyed working on it, even though it took so long. I started before Thanksgiving, and I just finished it this week.  It's a good size, though, and it should last her for a few years.  I got the pattern from this book.

I had to be so careful while knitting this blanket because, if I wasn't, the hearts wouldn't come out right.  I can't tell you how many rows I had to take out and re-knit, but it was worth it.  Who wants funny-shaped hearts?  But I also learned a lot while knitting this blanket, and it was worth it!

What have you been working on lately?

No comments: