Friday, February 28, 2014

February Review of 2014 Goals


I think I did fairly well this month with my goals.  The places I didn't do so well, I didn't do well in January, either, which means that I need to work on these areas in March.

Personal Goals:
  • Read through my book list.  Here are the books I read this month, and one of them is from my book list.  
  • Continue walking on the treadmill three times a week for twenty minutes.  Done!
  • Look for a job.  I filled out a couple of applications online, but I haven't heard anything back yet.  I haven't been as diligent as I should have been with this.
  • Go through every room in the house, one a month, to clean out unwanted and unneeded items.  I'm sick of the clutter!  My goal for this month was the girls' closet.  I hate to admit it, but their walking closet was so cluttered that you could hardly walk in it.  Now it's cleaned out and (mostly) organized.
  • Write one letter or note a month.  Done!
Goals as a Mother:
  • Do something (like a playdate) with someone (and her children) once a month, whether it's having someone over for lunch, going to someone else's house, or heading out for a field trip together.  We had lunch with friends after one of our field trips, and we met other friends one evening at the Houston Children's Museum.
  • Continue having one fun day in school a month.  We celebrated Valentine's Day at CC, and I read about the "real" Saint Valentine so my children will know there was such a person.
  • Continue taking my children on one field trip a month.  There is so much to do in the Houston area!  We took a few field trips this month.  We saw the Peking Acrobats one day, visited the zoo with John on our anniversary, and toured the George Ranch Historical Park.  I think we made up for our lack in January!
  • Do a service project with my children every month.  I completely forgot about this.
  • Teach my children to do more around the house, like mopping and folding clothes.  What a great way to build their self-esteem.  We've been working on folding clothes this month, and we'll probably continue this chore into March, as well.
Goals as a Wife:
  • Continue monthly date nights for John and me.  Done!  We celebrated our anniversary with a dinner out.
  • Do something weekly to make John feel special.  (I got this goal from Tracey at Girls to Grow.)  This month was hit and miss.
Goals as a Family:
  • Continue having another family over for supper once a month.  Done!
  • Start having Game Night once a month.  Success...kind of.
  • Continue our family devotional time.  Fail.
How are you doing with your goals so far this year?

No comments: