Thursday, February 6, 2014

Counting My Blessings: Little Things

Yes, Mary's teeth are black-ish.  She had put a marker in her mouth.

Nothing big or exciting has happened this week, but there are still many things for which to be thankful.  These are a few of the "little" way that God has blessed us this week:
  • a new recipe for vegetable soup that worked!  I'm always a little reluctant to try recipes from my mother because I'm afraid that what I make won't be as good.  But this one was good, and all of my children ate it!  
  • Daniel didn't break his arm.  He fell of his scooter the other day and started hollering while holding his wrist, so I was worried....  But a few minutes later, he was fine.
  • two laying chickens.  As the daylight increases, so does their egg production.
  • a babysitter already lined up for our anniversary.
  • our co-op falls on Valentine's Day so we can celebrate with our friends.
  • I'm almost done with a blanket I'm knitting for Rachel.  
  • Sarah Beth volunteered to fold a basket of clothes, did it all by herself, and even put up Mary's and Rachel's clothes.  (Rachel was helping me fold another basket of towels.
  • a good talk with John about one of my weaknesses.
How has God blessed you this week?  Big things?  "Little" ones?

No comments: