Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Book Review: Blades of Valor by Sigmund Brouwer


I haven't been thrilled with this series, but I felt like I should read the fourth (and last) book.  And I have to admit that I was curious as to what new adventures Thomas would find himself in, how he would finally get some of his questions answered, and whether the Immortals (the good guys) would finally trust him.  I wasn't disappointed; finally, I, the reader got some questions answered.  And it was about time!

At the end of the third book, Thomas was in the Holy Land, trying to find hidden Druid treasure, and this book picks up there and takes Thomas back to England where he saves the world from the Druids, gets the girl, and becomes king of his own small fiefdom.  Spoiler alert?  I don't think that was needed; how else would this book end?  

This book was better than the first three in the series (read my reviews here), so I'm glad that I read it.  And I'm glad that I don't have any "loose strings," so to speak.  This series might be good for a ten year old boy, but that's about it.  Of course, that boy is the preferred audience, so I shouldn't be too harsh.  These books are good, clean fun, even if a little (a lot!) unbelievable.

I want to thank WaterBrook Multnomah for my review copy of this book, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: