I think I did fairly well this month with my goals. The places I didn't do so well, I didn't do well in January, either, which means that I need to work on these areas in March.
- Read through my book list. Here are the books I read this month, and one of them is from my book list.
- Continue walking on the treadmill three times a week for twenty minutes. Done!
- Look for a job. I filled out a couple of applications online, but I haven't heard anything back yet. I haven't been as diligent as I should have been with this.
- Go through every room in the house, one a month, to clean out unwanted and unneeded items. I'm sick of the clutter! My goal for this month was the girls' closet. I hate to admit it, but their walking closet was so cluttered that you could hardly walk in it. Now it's cleaned out and (mostly) organized.
- Write one letter or note a month. Done!
Goals as a Mother:
- Do something (like a playdate) with someone (and her children) once a month, whether it's having someone over for lunch, going to someone else's house, or heading out for a field trip together. We had lunch with friends after one of our field trips, and we met other friends one evening at the Houston Children's Museum.
- Continue having one fun day in school a month. We celebrated Valentine's Day at CC, and I read about the "real" Saint Valentine so my children will know there was such a person.
- Continue taking my children on one field trip a month. There is so much to do in the Houston area! We took a few field trips this month. We saw the Peking Acrobats one day, visited the zoo with John on our anniversary, and toured the George Ranch Historical Park. I think we made up for our lack in January!
- Do a service project with my children every month. I completely forgot about this.
- Teach my children to do more around the house, like mopping and folding clothes. What a great way to build their self-esteem. We've been working on folding clothes this month, and we'll probably continue this chore into March, as well.
Goals as a Wife:
- Continue monthly date nights for John and me. Done! We celebrated our anniversary with a dinner out.
- Do something weekly to make John feel special. (I got this goal from Tracey at Girls to Grow.) This month was hit and miss.
- Continue having another family over for supper once a month. Done!
- Start having Game Night once a month. Success...kind of.
- Continue our family devotional time. Fail.
How are you doing with your goals so far this year?