Monday, January 6, 2014

My Goals for 2014


I'm following Crystal from Money Saving Mom this year in making a few, simple goals, and several of my goals are even the same as they were last year.  They were good things to strive for then, and they still are.

Personal Goals:
  • Read through my book list which I will publish later in the week.  I will read many other books, as well, I'm sure.
  • Continue walking on the treadmill three times a week for twenty minutes.
  • Look for a job...assuming I passed the law test.
  • Go through every room in the house, one a month, to clean out unwanted and unneeded items.  I'm sick of the clutter!
  • Write one letter or note a month.
Goals as a Mother:
  • Do something (like a playdate) with someone (and her children) once a month, whether it's having someone over for lunch, going to someone else's house, or heading out for a field trip together.
  • Continue having one fun day in school a month.
  • Continue taking my children on one field trip a month.  There is so much to do in the Houston area!
  • Do a service project with my children every month.  
  • Teach my children to do more around the house, like mopping and folding clothes.  What a great way to build their self-esteem.
Goals as a Wife:
  • Continue monthly date nights for John and me.
  • Do something weekly to make John feel special.  (I got this goal from Tracey at Girls to Grow.)
Goals as a Family:
  • Continue having another family over for supper once a month.
  • Start having Game Night once a month.  
  • Continue our family devotional time.
What are your goals for the year?

No comments: