Thursday, January 9, 2014

Counting My Blessings: Family and Friends


God has blessed me with so many things that it's hard to narrow them down to just a few, so I'm going to focus on a few things that have happened lately.


My sister and her daughter came for a visit this past weekend, and we had a wonderful time.  Once again, I forgot to take any pictures, but I can see with my mind's eye very clearly:  my niece sitting in our oversized chair with Mary in her lap and Rachel next to her, and Daniel and Sarah Beth hanging over the arms of the chair as she reads them books.  


I met a new friend, a friend of a friend, and got plugged into a local homeschooling group.  While I'm not sure exactly what this group does, it's nice to know it's there and that I'm a part of it.  And there is a monthly Mom's Night Out which will be nice, and hopefully I'll make more new friends.


John took two weeks off for the Christmas break, and it was wonderful having him home with us.  He went back to work on Tuesday, and we have also enjoyed getting back into our routine.

How has God blessed you lately?

This post is linked with Aurie at Welcome to Our Good Life.


No comments: