Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Book Review: Luminary by Krista McGee


In this sequel to Anomaly, Thalli has escaped from the State, an underground city where Scientists have engineered a new civilization after a nuclear war devastated the whole world.  But Thalli and her friends were lied to; there are pockets of survivors above ground, and Thalli and three others who escaped with her are headed to one of them.  At New Hope, they find a new life, a life of freedom which they had never had before.  But the neighboring city Athens is hostile and wants to annex New Hope.  Thalli is caught in the middle as she tries to negotiate a settlement between the two cities, while fearing that the Scientists will find her and take her back to the State.  Meanwhile, she learns more about the Designer and what it means to trust Him.

While I enjoyed this book, it wasn't as good as the first one.  I'm sure part of that is because this book is the second in a trilogy which typically means that things get worse before coming to a climax in the third book and getting better.  But it was still good.  I have to admit, though, that I wish I hadn't read this book quite yet; it ends with a cliffhanger, and now I have to wait until this summer to find out what happens to Thalli.  Oh, the waiting!  :)

I want to thank BookSneeze for my review copy of this book, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: