Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Attention, Texas Ladies, This Post is For You!


...not that other ladies and even men can't read this one; it's just not applicable if you're not a Texas homeschooling mom.

This weekend was the Homeschool Moms' Winter Summit in San Marcos, and it was wonderful!  The stated purpose was to "renew your vision, refresh your heart, and restore your strength," and it did that.  For me specifically, it was a time for encouragement because our jobs as homeschooling mothers is hard.  And since everyone there was a homeschooling mother, we could let our hair down, so to speak, and talk realistically about the difficulties, even laughing at some of them.

As I told one of my friends here about the retreat afterwards, she asked what my favorite part was.  If I had gone with some friends, the best part would have been fellowshipping with them.  As it was, since I went by myself, I did enjoy meeting other women, although I didn't have the time I desired to really get to know them.

My second favorite part, honestly, were the talks.  They spoke right to my heart, right to my situation.  How to catch my children's hearts in order to influence them, how to speak to my husband (or not, as the case may be) were two of the talks I especially enjoyed.

And the skits!  It was worth going just for those!  They were hilarious because there was so much truth in them.

In summary, you missed out by not going this year, and you don't want to miss out again, believe me!  Tell your husband that you are going next year and keep it in the back of your mind so you can plan for it.

My goals with this post are two-fold.  One, it was hard going to this retreat by myself, so I really want to go with friends next year...and to be on the lookout for anyone there by herself so that we can incorporate her into our group as others did for me.  Secondly, I don't want you to miss out again!  If you go, I'm sure that you will be glad you did.  Your husband and children will probably also be glad that you went, too.

So join me next year, and we'll have a grand ole time at the Homeschool Moms' Winter Summit!

No comments: