One of the things I miss the most about blogging is not having any accountability for my yearly goals. With no accountability, I tend not to do things, unfortunately. So here is how I'm doing with my goals so far this year, for both January and February.
- Read certain books. I've gotten a couple of books read from my reading list. Hopefully, I will get the reviews written soon.
- Exercise. I haven't exercisd since...I don't know when. I plan to start back after our move.
- Have one fun day in school a month. In January, we celebrated Winnie the Pooh Day, but we missed Laura Ingalls Wilder's birthday that we had planned to celebrate. FYI: Saturday is Dr. Seuss' birthday.
- Take one field trip a month. We visited my good friend Laura for a few days, and we visited a Western art muserum while we were there. You can see some (really cute) pictures here.
- Date night. John and I had one of these both months. Hooray!
- Home improvement project. In January, I finished updating my recipe notebook, and there are a lot of recipes (especially desserts) that I need to try. I haven't done much this month other than trying to keep the house relatively neat and clean for potential buyers.
- Service project. Does it count that I'm cleaning out baby things before our move by taking them to our local pregnancy center? I also wrote a letter to a man imprisoned for his faith via Voice of the Martyrs.
- Blogging. With our computer down, I'm not doing much blogging at all, much less on the weightier topics I was planning to write about.
- Hospitality. We had a family over one night in January but not in February.
- Work. I need to get my Texas license, and after we move, I can start working on getting a job.
- Children. I forgot this goal when I was making my list, but I want my children to do more around the house. I have another post planned on this topic, but basically, I want my children to build their self-confidence by learning to do tasks around the house. Lately, they've been helping keep the house neat, but I have also been asking little things from them, such as getting napkins for the family when we eat supper at church, or getting their own dessert. It's kind of a big deal to walk across the fellowship hall all by yourself!
How are you doing with your goals for the year?