Thursday, December 5, 2013

November Reading


I did not get much read this month.  I'm not sure why that is, and nothing that I read is on my "to read" list.  Oh, well.  Here is what I did read:
  • Martyr's Fire by Sigmund Brouwer.  You can read my full review here, but it wasn't very good.
  • Return to me by Lynn Austin.  I loved this book about Jews returning to Jerusalem after their Babylonian exile.  You can read my full review here.
  • Everard by Chautona Haviq.  This sarcastic, witty take on fairy tales had me wanting to walk more on my treadmill (in order to read more) alternating with making me not want to finish it.  All in all, I'm glad I finished this tale of a prince who is too shy to speak to his beloved, but will dare almost anything in order to prove himself worthy.  The Christian themes in the book made it even more readable.
What have you been reading lately?

No comments: