Thursday, December 12, 2013

Counting My Blessings: Lots of Different Things

This picture is rather old; it's been cold here lately!

It seems easier to feel thankful at this time of year.  I mean, it's the Christmas season!   Jesus leaving Heaven to become a person is a wonderful reason to feel thankful!  But shouldn't we be this thankful all year long?  Just something for me to think about.

Here are a few ways I'm counting my blessings this week:
  • God became man.  Does that blow your mind away like it does mine?  I cannot wrap my mind around that statement:  God became man.  Jesus gave up all the wonders and glories of Heaven to be born to a poor couple in a dirty stable.  What love He has for those He has chosen!
  • Rachel had another good check-up this week, and we no longer have to inject her methotrexate!  We get to give it to her orally.  Hooray!  (And yes, we actually did a happy dance at the doctor's office!)
  • Our Christmas tree.  We got it up a little earlier than usual this year.
  • Our babysitter who is coming over so John and I can go shopping for our children.
  • Money to buy Christmas presents for our family.
  • Getting to be with John's family for Christmas.  They're all coming to the Houston area, and it will be fun to see everyone.
  • No more Classical Conversations until the new year starts.  Don't get me wrong; we love CC.  But it's nice to have this break and spend more time this month on the rest of our schooling.
  • A good reason for some baking.  We made Chocolate Minty Melts last week, and we plan to bake some gingerbread this afternoon.  Yum!
How has God blessed you this week?

No comments: