Thursday, December 19, 2013

Book Review: The War on Christmas by Bodie Hodge


While I truly believe there is a war on Christmas in our country right now, I don't think this book is so much about it.  This book reads more like a Christmas "myth buster."  Myths like the wise men visiting the newborn Jesus and that there were three of them, along with the perpetual virginity of Mary are all tackled, held up to the light of Scripture, and found wanting.  What I found most interesting were the chapters on the Christmas star (a true miracle, not a comet like I believed) and the place where Jesus was born (not the stable that we see in nativity scenes).

I enjoyed this book even though I already knew some of the information in it.  Honestly, I was intrigued by the title and knew that I wanted to read it without knowing anything else about it.  If you want to learn more about the true story of Christmas, you should read this book.

I want to thank Handlebar Publishing for my review copy of this book, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: