Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Book Review: An Elegant Solution by Paul Robertson


During the 18th century, Leonard studies mathematics from one of the leading mathematicians of the time.  He cannot get enough of his studies until one day a man is murdered.  As this crime is investigated, Leonhard discovers a conspiracy involving the University he attends and the whole city of Basel.  Does the conspiracy involve his Master?  How?  Why?  And Leonhard has to determine what to do with the knowledge he finds.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book!  Being a bit of a math nerd, I loved the references to math principles even though I don't quite understand them.  But what I appreciated most about this book were the word pictures.  Robertson has a way with words that amazes and intrigues.  I savored his descriptions, going back and reading them again to make sure that I fully understood them.  How he uses light and dark, as related to good and bad, is impressive.  This book is worth reading just for his descriptions, but the story keeps the reader on the edge of his seat!

You can read more of my thoughts here.

I will definitely read more of Robertson's books!

I want to thank Bethany House for my copy of this book to review, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: