Friday, November 8, 2013

un-Finished Object Friday


I found the pattern for this blanket in this book that I checked out of the library.  I like how the stripes are different than other striped blankets; they are more interesting than most.  And, other than changing the yarn color every few rows, this pattern is easy:  it's just stockinette stitch.  I was so proud of myself when I realized I hadn't made a big mistake about a third of the way through.  I hadn't had to take out any full rows, and I was feeling pretty smug.  But you know how it is:  pride goes before a fall and all of that.  That very day, I realized that I messed up one of the color changes, and it was obvious.  Since the point of my knitting is to get it right instead of just getting it done, I pull out six stripes to fix the problem.  Yes, that meant pulling out 24 rows.  Argh!  But I did, and the blanket is fixed.  Whoohoo!

This blanket is not finished yet.  I need to put a border on it, and I want to crochet it.  Crocheted borders seem so much easier than knitted ones, although I have to admit that I haven't knitted a border yet.  I'm waiting on this book to get here, and hopefully I will find the perfect (or at least a good-enough) border for this blanket.

Then I will just need to figure out what to do with it.  So far, it's well enough made that I don't mind giving it away.

What have you been working on lately?

This post is linked with Charity at Fresh from the Chari Tree.

No comments: