Wednesday, November 6, 2013

October Review of Yearly Goals


October was a relatively quiet month which was nice after our visit-filled month of September.  We were able to get back into our school routine and enjoy our family again.  I feel like I did okay on my goals last month; I could have done better, but I also could have done much worse!  My biggest success was date night!  Finally!!
  • Read through my book list.  Looking through my list, I've got five more books to read.  I'm not sure I'll get them all read, especially since I forgot about a couple of them.  But I knocked out two more last month.
  • Exercise.  I didn't start the month out well, but I finished well.
  • Have one fun school day per month.  Goodness!  There were a bunch this month, and most of them were last week!  Monday was Chocolate Day, and my kids demanded fudge; Wednesday was Candy Corn Day, and I found some great printables to practice their math skills; and Thursday was, of course, Reformation Day.  
  • Take one field trip per month.  We toured the county fair and visited the planetarium again.
  • Date night.  Success!  But, oh, the mad scramble trying to find a babysitter.  I forget that teenagers these days don't answer their cell phones; they only respond to texts.
  • Home improvement project.  Fail.
  • Service project.  Fail.
  • Hospitality.  Fail.
  • Work.  I am now scheduled to take the Texas pharmacist law test.  Now I just need to find some study materials and time to study them....
  • Have my children do more around the house.  I think I'm doing okay with this, but not as good as I could and should be.
How are you doing with your yearly goals?

No comments: