Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Book Review: Return to Me by Lynn Austin


In Return to Me by Lynn Austin,  Zechariah has to decide whether to return with his grandparents to Jerusalem to help rebuild the temple or stay in Babylon with his parents.  Zechariah sees the temple started with enthusiasm but abandoned due to interference with local Samaritans.  Over the years as he matures into the priesthood, he becomes God's spokesman, encouraging his fellow Jews to continue the work on the temple.

I really enjoyed this book as it is Biblically accurate, and the characters are believable and likable.  I appreciated the parallels between Zechariah and his wife and God and the Jews, as Zechariah and God each love the unrepentant.  If you enjoy historical fiction, especially books about Biblical times, you will probably like this one as well.  As this book is the first in a series, I will definitely keep my eyes out for the upcoming books.

I want to thank Bethany House for my review copy of this book, but my opinions are my own.

No comments: