Friday, October 4, 2013

Top Ten Reasons I Love Homeschooling


I love homeschooling my children for many reasons, but here are my favorite ten:

  • Not spending all day in school...at least, not yet.
  • Suiting curriculum choices to each child's strengths, weaknesses, and even preferences.
  • Flexible schedule.  We started school three weeks before the public schools did, but we took two weeks off when Uncle Ray and my parents visited.  And we can take days off, well, whenever we feel like it!
  • Having more control over the influences on our children.
  • Being the primary influence on them.
  • Spending all day with them.
  • Teaching can and does happen at any time of the day.  A few days ago, Daniel interrupted me while I was brushing my teeth to ask how to write certain letters.
  • Teaching the truly important things, like character.
  • Putting God into every subject...where He belongs since He created everything.
  • Getting to spend all day with my children.  Oh, did I mention that one already?  :)

What do you love about homeschooling?

No comments: