Monday, October 21, 2013

Tooting My Own Horn


A few weeks ago, John and I took our children to a nearby county fair.  While we were there, we discovered works of crochet that had been entered for judging, and I thought, "I can do that, too!"  I started researching our county fair when we got home and decided to enter some of my things.

I'm most proud of my table runner (above).  John encouraged me to enter it, and as you can see, it did well.  Best in Class!

 A doily.

I made this blanket for Rachel before we discovered that her favorite color is purple.  Oops!  She wasn't real sure she wanted me to enter it because she was afraid it wouldn't come back home.  But I won her over by offering to let her keep any ribbon her blanket won. 


I wasn't going to enter this blanket, but Daniel really wanted me to enter something of his.  I think he really just wanted whatever ribbon it might win.  And he didn't want to be left out. 

Sarah Beth was so excited for me to enter her blanket!  She really thought it would win something although she was a little worried about not getting it back again.

Have you entered anything in a county fair?  How did you do?

No comments: