Monday, October 7, 2013

Monday's Quotes: Three More from Rushdoony


I'm finishing up A Word in Season Volume 3 by R.J. Rushdony, and I wanted to share these three quotes with you.

First, a word of encouragement when you feel like a "mean, ole mom" for disciplining your child.  I need this reminder often, and I always tell my children that I discipline them only because I love them.
Undisciplined children are unloved children because love seeks the best for the loved, not indulgence.  The best is often what a child likes least, because "Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child."
Next, don't forget that we are are to be salt and light to the world and what that means.
For Christians, to be the salt of the earth means that they are to preserve it from the corruption natural to fallen man.  This means that they are to be active in every sphere to affirm Christ's word and way and to bring all things under His government.
Finally, we often hear that earning money and having money are evil things, or at least, are bad things.  On the contrary, without money we cannot help others.  And shouldn't we be rewarded for our hard work?
Christians need to be creators of wealth in order to further the Lord's work, materially and spiritually.
What do you think of these quotes?  Do you ever feel like a "mean, ole mom"?  (My kids have never actually called me that.)

No comments: