Monday, October 14, 2013

Monday's Quote: Will There be Space and Time in Heaven?


While I don't have a quote for you today, I want to tell you about Chapter 26 from Heaven by Randy Alcorn that I read last week entitled, "Will There be Space and Time?"  The author answers this question with an emphatic "yes."

First of all, let's talk about space.  Have you ever wondered why God created such an enormous universe when humans only live on one planet in it?  I have.  Of course, "the heavens declare the glory of God," and God could have created all of those millions of galaxies just to proclaim His glory and to show His creativity.  But what if He created them as a something for us to have "dominion" over?  What if the fall interrupted those plans, and we will actually fulfill them in Heaven?  What if we get to explore the universe once we get to the New Earth?  Does that thought fill you with as much excitement as it does me?

What about time?  If you're like me, you don't have time in your day to get everything done that you want and need to do.  It's all a matter of choices:  a choice between doing the dishes and the laundry; the choice between cleaning the bathrooms or homeschooling your children; the choice between taking care of your home and family or learning to SCUBA dive.  SCUBA dive?  Yes, that is one of the things that I can't wait to try once I get to Heaven.  Maybe I'll have the time here on Earth, but if I don't, I will have all the time in the world to learn in Heaven.  Those hobbies and activities that I just don't have time for now, I will then...because I won't have all the time in the world, I will have all the time in eternity.  I might find rock climbing fun in Heaven, too, as I won't be afraid of heights anymore, and I certainly won't be afraid of dying.  Sky diving?  Maybe.

And just think!  We will do all of these things to bring glory to God.  That's why He created us and the universe.  Everything we do in Heaven will glorify God!

What about you?  Are you excited about the possibility of exploring space, "where no one has gone before"?  What about finally having the time to do things you haven't gotten to here on Earth?

No comments: