Monday, October 28, 2013

Monday's Quote: What's Your Story?


As you know, I've been reading Heaven by Randy Alcorn, and I keep coming across quotes and points that I would like to share with you.  In this one, Alcorn is discussing some of the people with which he would like to talk when he gets to Heaven and how he wants to hear their stories.  Can you imagine talking with Mary about Jesus' childhood, with Noah about what it was like on the ark, or with Enoch and Elijah about what it was like being taken to Heaven without dying?
We'll each have our own stories to tell also--and the memories and skills to tell them well.  Right now, today, we are living the lives from which such stories will be drawn.  Are we living them with eternity in mind?
How convicting!  When I get to Heaven, I want to have stories to tell how I served my Savior.  I may not have the kind of stories that Mary and Noah have, but I do want to have some.  And now is the time to live these stories because once we get to Heaven, it will be too late.

Do you live in light of eternity?  What kinds of stories will you have to tell?

No comments: